I’m forever forwarding links to people, but I don’t keep a record of them anywhere.Â So I’m going to try and build this page up as I come across things…
General bead sites
- About.com:Beadwork – useful site with articles, projects, a forum and tons of links.
- Beadelicious links – a great site to explore, but I’ve put it in this section especially for its extensive links.
UK Bead shops
- Bead Merchant – based in Essex, great range of kits.
- Creative Beadcraft – mail order and a shop in London.
- GJ Beads -Â mail order and a shop inÂ Cornwall, very nice people, I buy most of my seed beads from them.
- Spangles – based in Cambridge, great range of beading books on their website.
- Stitch ‘n’ Craft – mail order and a shop in Dorset, they also organise beading classes and bead fairs.
- Witch Beads – based in Milton Keynes, also runs workshops.
Semi-preciousÂ minerals suppliers
- Manchester Minerals – Shop in Manchester, and online ordering.
- PJ Minerals – Mail order and online shop.Â Also sells beads and findings.
- StoneÂ Corner – Shop inÂ East Sussex, and online ordering.
- Beaded heart – The instructions are in Japanese, but you can see the website in english here.Â There’s a second heart on the same site here.
- Alexis – instructionsÂ for a range of projects including beaded beads, necklaces and braclets.Â All instructions in English, GermanÂ and French.Â
- Ruby’s beadwork – instructions for a range of projects.
Beading around a cab
- Â Beadnik – a method that doesn’t use a fabric backing
St. Petersburg chain
Patterns and kits
- Bead knitting
- The Knitting ZoneÂ
- Bead Crochet
- Tapestry crochet – instructions for tapestry crochet and links to some projects including beaded bags and baskets
- Bead & Button
- Bead Unique
- Bead Style
- Step by Step BeadsÂ
- BeadÂ Â
- Jill Oxton’s Cross Stitch & Beading